Turnbridge Academy helps adolescent extended care clients with every aspect of their academic journey. Through individualized academic plans, tutoring, and advising, the Turnbridge team helps students matriculate through high school and prepare for college.
Education is a vital part of adolescent development, and we help each client continue coursework and remain challenged to ensure a smooth and positive transition to school following treatment. Turnbridge assessments help to determine each client’s level of academic proficiency and identify potential cognitive or behavioral challenges that could stand in the way of academic performance. We take a treatment-informed approach to academics that gears curriculum, scheduling, and support services to each client’s treatment needs and achievement level.
Turnbridge adolescent clients receive academic support services tailored to their needs and aspirations.
- Ivy League-educated academic advisors experienced at working with non-traditional students
- Individualizes education plan development
- One-on-one advising
- Coordination with current and previous schools
- Review and management of transcripts and academic records
- Help with school applications or transfers
- Coordination with other members of the client’s care team
- Regularly-scheduled study halls
- Facilitation of outside tutoring services with tutors from world-class academic institutions
- Educational workshops taught in a fun and practical manner, covering topics such as:
- Academic writing
- Personal statement writing
- College interview preparation
- Study strategies for stress reduction